Sunday, February 3, 2013

Module 5 Concept Map

After reading Moller's (2008) article, I would say that I am moving away from static, and am almost in the middle of the "static-dynamic continuum," eagerly moving toward dynamic.  With every online course I take, I learn more and more about resources and tools that are available for me to use in my studies.  With technology changing so quickly, I will look up something and find it is now something else!  For example, I was going to put Elluminate on my concept map, but when I looked it up I found out it is now Blackboard.  Unfortunately, textbooks can not be updated quickly enough to give students the most up to date information and resources, so I have made it a standard practice to look up something I am not familiar with to see if it has been replaced with the latest "best thing out there".  

To help me move toward the dynamic side, I am using online tutorials, specifically Lynda.com, to learn some of the software that I want to use myself, or in my classroom.  Since I introduced the site in my classroom, my students are using it to teach themselves programs that we have, but that I do not teach, such as Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, and After Effects. 

I also found a blog by another Walden student, Ruth Shelton, called Developing Effective Learning Design.  I have enjoyed reading her posts, which are well referenced, if you would like more information.

References

Moller, L. (2008). Static and dynamic technological tools. [Unpublished Paper].

Shelton, R. (2012, Nov 18). Applying distance learning technology. [Web log]. Retrieved from

1 comment:

  1. Donna,

    Your concept map was very well done. I think that all the technologies in your concept map are identified correctly. You placed each static technology and dynamic technology in the concept map correctly. Virtual simulations and gaming are uses of dynamic technology in distance education that I never even thought about. Great job thinking outside the box!

    Pamela Loder

    ReplyDelete